The Senior Applications Consultant is the point person in our customer success engagements. As a key member of a small team, the Senior Applications Consultant is responsible for supporting the sales team in prospect and customer engagements, primarily through the discovery process, solution demonstration, and presenting solution value. The Senior Applications Consultant will also have responsibility for working with customers to design implementation strategies and select candidate OEM programs for management by Actify’s automotive program management (APM) solution. The Senior Applications consultant will also monitor and report on customer onboarding and project progress, and will provide feedback to our product management, engineering, and product support teams.
To be successful in this role you must be analytical and detail-oriented, able to pursue several goals and manage multiple projects in parallel, willing to innovate and test new approaches, and always remain responsive to the sales team and colleagues across the organization.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Participate in meetings with existing customers as well as new prospects.
- Lead a discovery process to understand what challenges customers and prospects encounter as automotive suppliers.
- Present Actify offerings to customers and prospects in the context of how the solution addresses their business needs.
- Assist the sales team in communicating Actify’s value proposition and help customers to understand how they receive a return on their investment.
- Be able to deliver an effective demonstration of Actify’s solutions.
- Help customers to develop customized implementation plans, including program selection.
- Monitor and report on status of assigned implementation projects.
- Provide feedback on product direction, customer needs, and new product opportunities to the product management team.
- Recommend and implement systems needed to carry out your responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a consultant or implementation manager in delivering business software solutions to the manufacturing industry.
- Must understand the fundamentals of PLM and ERP applications and their purpose in the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and the OEM/supplier relationship a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Project and MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused on targeted tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Able to comfortably manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving program goals.
- BA/BS degree is preferred but not required.
This is a fully remote position, based in the greater Detroit area.
Normal job duties will require regular travel for customer visits and team or company meetings. This will primarily be local travel but will also include occasional overnight trips and international travel.
As well as a competitive salary, our employees receive the following benefits:
- Generous time off and company holidays
- Flexible working arrangements and remote work
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and time for learning and personal development
- Health insurance
- Paid family benefits
Actify serves a global customers base, over 85% of whom are in the automotive supply chain. Actify is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with its R&D center in Edinburgh, Scotland, and sales and support locations in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Employees of Actify share these common values:
- Invested in Customer Success - We are dedicated first and foremost to our customers. We seek relationships based on long-term value, not transactions.
- Responsive - We listen, learn, and follow through to help our customers solve problems. We are always open to finding a better way.
- Collaborative - It’s central to how we do things; the more and better the dialogue and teamwork among ourselves and with our customers, the better the outcome. We want to build a customer community.
- Honest and Transparent - Our customers respect the fact that we speak plainly, directly, and truthfully.