We are looking for a successful enterprise sales executive to take the first purpose-built program management solution into the automotive marketplace in North America.
You are tired of selling a mature product in a crowded marketplace, beating back competitors, and competing largely on price with little product differentiation.
If that’s you, it’s a good fit for us both if you:
- Have a track record in emerging markets,
- Close well and often,
- Want to show others how,
- Love it when you can rely on a strong support team to hit your speed,
- Don’t like pigeonholes,
- Have a quiet passion for all things automotive,
- Play well with others.
The Senior Sales Executive will be responsible for sales activities related to selling the entire breadth of our automotive program solutions in North America. Duties include:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends
- Discover and connect with buying center and partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the company's value proposition and differentiating technology
- Develop and deliver effective presentations and proposals
- Close both existing customers on the new solution, as well as prospecting for new customers
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing events and materials
- Generate and maintain accurate Account and Opportunity plans (Salesforce.com)
- General understanding of program management in the automotive context is highly preferred
- Work history with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) or other enterprise/manufacturing software a definite plus
- Working knowledge and use of Challenger Sale Methodology preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
What Else to Know:
- This is a fully remote position, but you must be in the Greater Detroit/"Auto Alley" area
- This position involves frequent local travel, with additional travel to neighboring states generally defined as Auto Alley
- Travel should be in the range of 50%, including all kinds of travel
As well as a competitive salary, our employees receive the following benefits:
- Generous time off with flexible holidays
- Flexible working arrangements and remote work
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and time for learning and personal development
- Health insurance
- Paid family benefits
Actify serves a global customer base of more than 2,000 companies, over 85% of whom are in the automotive supply chain. Actify is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with its R&D center in Edinburgh, Scotland, and sales and support locations in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Employees of Actify share these common values:
- Invested in Customer Success - We are dedicated first and foremost to our customers. We seek relationships based on long-term value, not transactions.
- Responsive - We listen, learn, and follow through to help our customers solve problems. We are always open to finding a better way.
- Collaborative - It’s central to how we do things; the more and better the dialogue and teamwork among ourselves and with our customers, the better the outcome. We want to build a customer community.
- Honest and Transparent - Our customers respect the fact that we speak plainly, directly, and truthfully.